Sunday, March 4, 2007

Careful with that (chisel) Eugene

So it's the first weekend in March, and the project is officially underway. As I began draining the pool, my highly skilled apprentice startedremoving the old tile from around the spa. I thought this would be one of the most labor intensive parts of the project, but I was wrong. The old tile came off fairly easy, but there was a ton of thinset left behind. Since Ryan had the chiseling mastered, I began to look for ways to more easily remove the old thinset. I experimented with acid, angle grinders, and even manual chiseling (which worked, but would take me until retirement to complete).


So over the course of the first 2 weekends in March, Ryan removed tile and I cleaned up and tried to remove thinset. By the end of the second weekend (my birthday), we had achieved our goal of removing all of the tile and everything was cleaned up. And I was on the verge of finding the solution to our thinset problem.






No comments: