Monday, June 11, 2007

Another update

Well, I bet you all thought I gave up. Rest assured the project is still moving along, and moving rapidly towards completion - now, at least. The biggest problem I've faced the last month has been the weather. There was a good 3 week period there where we didn't go more than a day or two without rain. In fact, I heard it was one of the wettest Mays on record for our area. Whenever the rain would let up, by the time I got the rainwater drained out of the pool (kind of neccesary for using electric grinders), it would start raining again.

Fortunately, the last week or so has been clear - and incredibly hot. But despite the heat, I've been knocking it out and I'm proud to say that the prep work is done! There's a little bit more touchup sanding I want to do tonight, and then I'll take some pictures to post. Barring anymore unforeseen setbacks, this project will be done this week! I'll start doing my moisture tests on Wednesday, and as soon as the concrete is dry enough, I'll proceed with the Ultraguard application. Check back in a couple of days for more updates.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Mike
The tile work looks beautiful. We have been following your progress and are anxiously waiting for the Ultraguard application. We just ordered it for our pool and are very curious about how the process works for you. We have been checking you updates daily.

psingh said...

Its nice post.so great information to in this post...

Pool Restorations Brisbane